Monday, November 27, 2006

Alif's concert



Today I went to a musical concert. I was invited by Alif & Sarah's mom. It's a nice gesture I should say. We've known each other for more than 6 years and I have known Alif's family before he was never even thought of!!! Sarah was 4 when she first came to me and now she's 11. I was told that they've both practiced so hard and was looking forward to today. They were happy when I agreed to accept their invitation.

Unfortunately, this morning, Sarah felt very sick and discovered she had "chicken pox'!!!!! So, we only had the chance to watch Alif (he's only 6) playing piano.

Today's theme was "the Christmas Shoes". The song they played were mostly Christmas Carols. I was actually very excited because I knew many more students of mine were going to be there. True enough, I saw a few. Let me recall,.... Syazlan, Sabrina, Jasrene, Venessa, Michelle, Themis, Annoula, Nicole, Krisha, Jessica, Claire, Maria...I think that's all.

Alif was funny. This was going to be his first concert. He begged his mom to let him wear a real suit. Just before Haloween, his mom managed to get him a tail-suit...and he actually wore that to the concert. Too bad he wasn't allowed to wear it during his performance because they were suppose to wear something red. The minute he finished the concert, he quickly ran to his mom. I was observing him and had to laugh out loud when I saw him quickly put on his "magician"tail-suit again. He told me he should have worn the bow tie as well.

I had a great time. He later asked me to join him and his mom for pizza.

One time, many years ago another student invited me for her school play (Stephen King's - Three Blind Mice). It was nice too.

No comments: