Monday, November 20, 2006

Free Trial Orientation

I've been terribly busy for the last few weeks. At some point I almost thought I had a weak heart. I wanted to just stay under the covers and sleep for a long long time. That never happened. Instead, I met 20 over new students and am very happy that they have started to call me just like my other students. We had an orienation for the students last Friday. Despite the rain, they all came in on time. All looking excited, but when asked if they knew why their parents sent them there, not all answered immediately. One girl, half American, half Indian, said out loud.."to make us smarter....!" she's only 4.

This month, we've also decided to accept children below 4. So far we got 3 to 3 and a half. We've got "Smart Boy's Little Brother" who is also very talkative and smart. On his first day, he decided to tell us that he'll be our no: 1 student one day.

Little prim and proper followed all the rules, but I think all she can remember of the first day is "cloud 9" chocolate and "Higgly Town" stickers. Yes, yes, yes......we bribed them all that on the first day!!!

Little Lady Like had her purple handbag in her arms. When she came last week, she had a maroon bag with a little butterfly on it. She'd do everything she's asked to do, but in the end of the session, all she wanted to do was colouring. I thought that was good, because it helped her a lot with her motor skill. She's holding her pencil properly now, and she's only 3. This doesn't happen all the time. I can't even remember if I was able to do that when I was 3.

We have another "ketul". A tough little kiddo. I think he's the most difficult one in this group. He's only 3 and a little spoilt. His favourite word is " I don't want!" I can't even make him sit still for 2 minutes. He loves to sit on our little writing table while talking to me. He's kinda cute at this age, being chubby, and grumpy....but in years to come, if he doesn't change...I think I'm going to have a difficult time.

No comments: