Tuesday, July 25, 2006

We are family!!!!!


Yesterday went by quite smooth. The students were great. I felt great.

Now, the staff problem is back. Today I interviewed 5 candidates. Among the ladies, there was one boy. We usually called only lady candidates. When I saw his name, I really thought he was a lady. When my assistant called and heard a man's voice she got panicked, and told me about it. I couldn't believe he was already on the line. In the end, I decided to give him a chance.

He came in on time. Being young and stylish, he had earrings but very presentable. I was actually quite impressed.

Right now, I have to make my decision. Most likely I'm not going to take him. However, I learned a lesson that I should not be a sexist! I've never hired a man accept for my brother and his friends.

The thing about my centre is, we have a family environment here. All my staff get on along well with each other. We eat lunch together every working days at the centre and from that, it creates togetherness among us. One time we didn't have that and at times one staff would not talk to another and the atmosphere was tense. Even the children could feel it and they were not happy.

It's never easy to create teamwork. Thank god, now I feel that exist here.

We'll see how the new ones will take to our "happy family" environment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some guys are wonderful teachers. My son is one - the most popular teacher in the preschool he is teaching. I do have a few guys... give a try but make sure he is patient and loveable :)

Regards,
ladybird

Serendipity said...

It takes real work to have everyone get along in a workplace. So glad to hear you have it. It makes work fun place to be. Congrats Myende.

Minimalista Wannabe said...

Thanks serendipity. It hasn't been easy. but it's getting better, but i have to keep praying that it'll stay this way.
Ladybird, I've just hired him but he's only joining on the 1st of Aug. We'll see how it goes. On Tuesday, he called my asst. 3 times to ask a few things, like does he need to work only when he's called, or will he be paid monthly or weekly and if it's ok to wear casual clothes. 3 times....!!!! can you believe it???

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»