Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pre Kindy

I get new enrolments every month. Last year wasn't really good because on everage, only about 5 students per month. On top of that I get drop outs. For February, I already have 10 in hand and I think I'll push the rest for March in take. I hope I'll get more students this year because I was already thinking about retiring looking at the rate I was going. I wasn't giving up hope, just feel a bit tired at times. After nurturing a student for years, and just when they were going to make it, they left. It's so sad.

Anyway, this week, I enjoyed teaching my 3 year olds. I am short of teachers at the moment. We don't even have an English teacher. I have to juggle between being at the English area and the Pre Kindy area.

February project will be to raise fund for a renovation.

I also want to take pictures of my pre kindy students and have a progress chart ouside their classroom. That'll be cute!

I love all my pre kindy students...including Vheylen the difficult one. On Friday, I had to go through 15 mins of torture from him not wanting to count 5 pages for me. I punished him by not giving him the puzzles and stamps and stickers.

Inesh was very mischevious too. I told him if he didn't do his work properly I'd call him "Cutie Pie". It's such a sissy nickname...and he didn't like it and told me that I'm the "Cutie Pie" instead. So not wanting me to call him "Cutie Pie", he did his work well. I was quite surprised little things like that can motivate him to do his writing.

Natasha (pre kindy student) is not crying in the classroom anymore. She came in with a little blue daisy in her hair, while Emma (pre kindy) had a purple hibiscus in hers. They're counting up to 50 now! Amazing.

No comments: