Sunday, July 29, 2007

KAO Conference - Part 1

It's been a glorious 2 days. We had our yearly Conference. This time in my own country. Yipee!!! Food were nice and the weather was nice. It's supposed to be rainy season, but surprisingly, it was sunny and breezy!

On Friday, we had Kathy at the Centre. Kathy is from Sydney, Australia. She's like my Mama in Kumon. We were so lucky to have her at our English Area for the day. The students accepted her with different behaviour. Ashraff didn't even dare to look at her, while Ikhmal and Amir asked her so many questions. Afifah was so nervous to read to Kathy. I ended up reading a page with her in front of Kathy (while holding her shoulders), but she read 2 more pages on her own. That was a happy moment for me. I think that should make her gain a little bit of confidence.
Kathy also had the opportunity to handle Daniel, who decided to be naughty. Somehow, she managed to take care of Daniel throughout his Maths and English.
Kathy gave me some good ideas on how to make my centre better and I'm sure going to implement it as soon as I can.
Kathy......thanks so much MAMA!!!!

No comments: