Saturday, January 26, 2008

Is it important to have the numbers?

Many Instructor will question whether having a lot of students is important or not. Many have different views when it comes to this subject. As for me, I started off with wanting to get as many students as I could because otherwise, I would not have enough to pay my overhead. Secondly, from the many students, instructors can learn all kinds of ways to guide students. Every child has their weaknesses and strength. Instructors learn a lot from them.

I have learned a lot about teaching speacial students from mothers of special students. They (mothers) are truly special because they're are so strong and determined in trying to help their children to be a better adult. I can imagine how sad it is to not help your children to not become an independant adult.

Back to the question, I think it is important to have a certain number of students at the centre to ensure that you'll always have enough to meet all your expenses occured while running your centre, as well as, giving you a large pool of learning experiences. I'm still learning and I think I will never stop.

No comments: