Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Once Upon A Time.....

I'm trying to remember the time when I was in pre school and Primary School. During those times were the most important in my growing up years because if I can remember those times, I can relate to what's going on in my students' mind. What it's like to look at things from their perspective.

Yesterday, Little Miss Jay came with her little sis Gee. Lately Little Miss Jay has been so sweet and giving me things to show me her love. Last week, she picked up some flowers on her way to the centre and presented them to me proudly. I was delighted. Yesterday, she came with a used envelope that has I Love You...all over it and some cut papers in it. I really didn't quite understand what the cut papers were for. However on one of the paper she pasted one green duck with a blue beak sticker. Quite cute.

While she was doing her work, I thought of an idea. I wanted to surprise her with a story. So I started composing a story on the papers that she gave. I clipped all the papers together and made it into a little book. Here's how the story goes.


Once Upon a time, there was a Princess. Her name was Princess Jay. She is 6 years old.

Princess Jay has a little sister. Her name is Princess Gee.

Princess Jay and Princess Gee live in a big castle on a hill.

One day, Princess Gee saw Princess Jay doing her homework. She got very curious with all the additions and subtractions that Princess Jay had to do. Princess Jay could count very fast. She's a very cleverPrincess.

When Princess Gee woke up the next day, she saw many birds at her window sill. However, she does not know how many there were.

Princess Jay was in school, so Princess Gee started to cry because she really wanted to know how many birds were chirping to her that morning.

During dinner time, Princess Gee told the King and Queen how much she wants to learn counting like Princess Jay. She wants to be as clever as her sister.

The next day, both the King and the Queen went to the counting school near their Castle and enrolled Princess Gee in in counting school.

After a few months, Prncess Gee could count very well. She can now count all the birds that always stop by to chirp by her window in the morning.

Everywhere, Princess Jay and Princess Gee went, there are always a lot of things to count. They are both happy that now thay can count together.

THE END


No comments: