Saturday, July 01, 2006

Chasing waterfall.......

Last Thursday, i felt very down. I can't explain why. Anyway, that's besides the point. At 1:30pm , I decided to jot down all the blessings that I will be getting from 2 to 6 - that's during my class hour. Here are my little notes.....

1) Miss Hong Kong came for the last time because she was moving back to ... where else... Hong Kong. After she finished all her work, I spent some time chatting with her. She's always very chatty. She's only 6 but speaks like a grown up....or should I say an old lady???? Before she left, with her pointing finger, she told me to make sure I tell Mrs Mommy, who's on maternity leave, that she's left for Hong Kong. She hugged me real tight before leaving too!!!!

2) Young spiky haired had to take his homework without doing it at the centre. However, he managed to slip in the classroom to see me. He wanted to give me a miniture kite that he's done in his arts and craft class. I was happy. Thinking back how long it took his parents (his dad happens to be my cousin) to decide on enroling him to the centre. 6 YRS!!!! I'm glad he's calling me aunty now, instead of teacher.

3) My Japanese Sensei...that's what I call my little Osaka Boy, came to my table to tell me that now he can do long division without much help and feels that he's ready to move on to fraction. I'm always amazed at how confident some of the students can get after mastering certain topics. I remembered how he was 5 years ago. He was only 4 at that time. I sometimes had to grab him by the arms just to make sure he can sit still just to have 5-10 minutes of quality time. At times he would jump around at the sofa in the waiting area. From one sofa to the other. Now.....he's a changed person. He's more serious. He voluntereed to give me some Nihongo lessons (Japanese Language) last year, and bought me an exercise book so that I can practice my Japanese writing. That was touching for me.

4) Karachi Boy was successful in completing his work (about 300 sums) in 10 minutes and got everything correct. Apart from the big star he got from my assistant, I decided to add an encouraging Japanese stamp on the worksheet. I knew that would brighten up his day. He's a new student and he started of quite weak. Achieving something like that is a big thing for a 9 year old. I asked him if he was proud of himself that day. He nodded and smiled from ear to ear. So, I told him to tell him mom and dad, his sister, and friends. Hearing that, he nodded. And then, I decided to tell him he might as well tell his neighbours. He must have find that hilarious and started to laugh. He could not stop laughing. I could even hear his voice laughing on his way out. ....Hmmmmm that's nice....I made someone laugh....laugh uncontrollably.

5) ........... I didn't list down anything anymore.

That's why I love being at the centre. The children, despite the difficulties they might create, if we only focus on the positive outcome, nothing can bring us down.

3 comments:

Serendipity said...

Weird huh...I thought you had children of your own. Can't figure out where I got the idea.

I can really feel that you love your Center, and your kids...they're lovely.

Serendipity said...

To add links:

First go to template.
On the template page, there's a program written in. Be careful not to delete anything.

Find the "links" part of it. You already have one, google. If you want to add me, you can paste the link I included above. (won't let me included an HTML line)so...

study the google link you already have.

Adding additional link is copying the google link you have.
past it below the original line, then change the URL, and the site name.

Minimalista Wannabe said...

been trying what u told me to do.... can't seem to do it. so far i only got the add on for visitors.
i'll keep on trying. when u see any changes....praise me...hehe he