Monday, July 17, 2006

Teacher???




Everytime i try to think about my favourite teacher, this is how I picture her.

Always smiling,

Always calling her students kindly,

always looks in the eye when talking and listens when her students have something to say.

Never show her temper, even though she's going bonkers!!!!

Always, and I mean always is well groomed. I don't mind big earings or big hair or big chunky jewellery!!!! Teachers for me must be well groomed.




I can actually place a face in my description. My standard 1 teacher. Mrs Anne! She would sing coming into the classroom. She even taught us some songs that I can remember till this day. 1) Jinggly (???) Nona - a portuguese song and 2) Where's your papa and mama gone? - a classic. She was tall. she had glasses. She had 'big' hair and she was always well groomed!

Reading "Anne of Green Gables" many years ago made me changed my mind about my career. It made me realize that teaching is what I want to do.

I know I will never match Mrs. Anne, but I know I'd try as much as I can to have the same passion as what Anne of Green Gables had.

Today, in the classroom, things were quite smooth. Despite the fact that I had Little "Taukeh" (taukeh means a successful chinese businessman! looks and all!) who always misbehaves and I had loud mouthed 6 year old.

What made me feel like tearing my hair out was Mr 12 year old with compulsive disorder. He had to know what he wants to know. Ok, I know that's my job to make him understand, however, if being asked non stop of the same question and insist that he has to understand it even though it's just for application.... can I not look up to heaven and ask for god to give me extra strength to teach him?????? I did!

ok.....like I said earlier....I'm not Mrs Anne!!!!

** artwork by students of mine. their impression of "me".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»