Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Consider this...reporting or sulking????


Every year, during summer break, many of my International School students have plans to travel. Some of them travel for many weeks. This year, as a teacher, I feel happy that a lot of them are taking a break from the hustle and bustle in the city of Kuala Lumpur. However, as an entrepreneur, I feel like I've just been struck by lightning. Right in my heart. The problem about the business that I'm running is, students pay on a monthly basis. So, if they don't have plans to attend the classes for the month, they don't have to pay the fee for that month.

I have to say that in the month of August, I have to stop eating!!!! On top of that, there are overheads to tend to. Salary, rental, utilities, some other miscelleneous charges and of course the royalty to our parent company.

One of my staff just got offered to another company. She's a qualified Environmental Engineer. She's worked for me off and on during her semester breaks for almost 7 years. I sure am going to miss her. Having someone so reliable. However, I'm happy that she's pursuing her career. Just like how I'd be when my students have achieved what they have worked hard for.

Ok....I have to put everything on hold for now. Tomorrow....off to Bangkok for 5 days. Can't wait to meet my instructor friends from all over the world.

2 comments:

Serendipity said...

Hi Myende...so your center have branches in US maybe?

Enjoy your trip! I totally understand about the expenses and all that comes wit having a business. It does sound like you have a sucessful one, so you don't need to worry overmuch.

Minimalista Wannabe said...

This is a franchise business and it has branches everywhere in the world. Originally it's from Japan, but it's everywhere now. it focuses on maths and languages.