Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to work!


After missing 2 classes on Friday and Monday, I am now back at the centre. How disorganized I feel this morning. Like it's my first day at work.

I was briefed by both staff of the things that has happened during my absence and before we finished, I had an appointment with a parent and spent 45 minutes talking to them.

Called 2 parents and talked to them on the phone. One mother was complaining about how her daughter is just not taking the hormone changes in her body well. Can you imagine??? The daughter is 10 and acting like someone approaching menopause. Always tired, always agitated !and just not like her. Our solution.....take a month break. Ah well!! One absent, 3 new enrolments and 7 came back from the summer break. I don't think that sounds so bad.

Another mother was concerned about her daughter not knowing how to subtract the bigger digits. She's been taking off for a week due to chicken pox, and she's doing an advance level....so that explains.

Now, the action plans have to be put to action. NO more just on paper and planning. I have to now take over the English Area and I'm going to just have so much fun.

While I was away, my staff were able to handle things well. I'm just so thankful.

No comments: