Sunday, September 24, 2006

Classes for Toddlers....mmmmm


Recently, I made up my mind to take actions against the problem I was having with my English area. I didn't sack the assistant, but she's being watched all the time. I'm also making more efford to check on her marking and recording. Every week, I give her further training along with the new staff. We have another new staff for our math area replacing the one who got married in September. Mrs. Mommy doesn't look like she's coming back as expected. She's asked for unpaid leave. We have to prepare to lose her.


On Friday, we had 2 new enrolments. Both were Korean. They don't know each other, but they came on the same day. We got confused at first, but we figured out who's who in the end.


On Friday, I got an enquiry from a mom who's daughter is only 2 yrs old. All these while, I've only taken children from 4 yrs old and above. Ok, maybe once or twice, I got 3 and a half or even 3. This will be the youngest if I start to accept. Over the weekend, I have been thinking about the prospect of having a class for toddlers. I got really excited. I'll ask around how to go about it. It'd be awesome!!!


I stopped taking in toddlers because one time, Little Miss Toddler was pressured so much to progress and she became all stressed up. It was sad. This time I made it clear that toddlers can progress if they're given the chance to progress at their own pace.



No comments: