Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Children are our future!

Today, I was given the opportunity to visit a kindergarten. I seem to love visits. That's because I love seeing children learning. When I was at the kindy, there were two groups of 6 year olds. A group of them were preparing sandwiches....part of their home science class and the other group was painting. They were coloring what looked like a fish in a sea. The group that was making the sandwiches were the excited lot.....with saliva splattering everywhere....I'm sure they'd enjoy eating their creationl!!!

It was so inspiring. The little school had its own science lab....with a model heart, a model skeleton and posters of every part of our body. How I wish the education system was like this, exposing us to all that when I was 6!

Children nowadays are lucky!!!! Some can even chose the direction they want to go from the age of 6!!!

One time, I had a student who was only 11 and he knew what he wanted to do and was already pursuing his career in F1 driving. Of course he was funded by his dear DAD! Having a boy at that age who's already joining the world circuit was something else. I sometimes see his picture in the newspaper. I hope he'll be famous one day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, children are our future and what a joy it must be to teach them. A Chinese thinker wrote that among the Three Joys figures one: to teach posterity. (The name my memory is unable to summon, sorry!)

I had an excellent English teacher who instilled in me the love of reading and of my own language, English. She made a difference in my life as I am sure you are in the lives of your students

Kudos to you for your efforts!

Hana no chichi

Minimalista Wannabe said...

Hana no chichi.....thanks for your comment. I believe you read a lot. I wish to be able to get into difficult books. I know i can but maybe i'll need time to do it. Do you think it's because English isn't my mother's tongue? At this point i feel lazy to open my dictionary and try to figure out words that i don't understand.
List for me 3 books that I should try to read in my lifetime as a challenge.