Saturday, September 09, 2006

Nice and easy.




By the time we closed the centre last night, I strongly felt that starting from next week onwards, things will be better for us. That's a good sign!
I saw a lot of smiles yesterday. Little young sweet talker came straight to me, and told me how his brother bullied him at home today. Knowing that all he was seeking was attention, I made an equally sad face and spoke with the same tone and told him to be strong. I also told him that one day, he'll be bigger than his brother and he'll not bully him anymore. I told him to look forward for that time because by then, they can play games together. I think he was just listening to my blabbering and not wanting me to say more when he just walked away!!!!!

One mother came in looking exited and looked like she can't wait to tell me something. I then made my way to the entrance and said hi! to her. She said that her son told her that she likes his teacher because his workload was reduced last week! It's not really a good thing to reduce a student's work, but at times......I find that it can be motivating. To make up for the reduced Maths workload, he promised to do more reading. Yesterday, he read 2 sets of work and 60 flashcards. I read him a story book in return.

Nowadays, I try to find time to read short stories for the children. I try to change my voice when I need to, and made facial expressions. I hope I can develop some kind of interest in the children to read more.



No comments: