Friday, September 08, 2006

sigh sigh sigh..............


This week has been quite a busy week for us here. Short of staff, children coming back from their break and children started their new school year and were very excited to share with us what has been happening.


Today, I interviewed one candidate and I'm going to let her start on Monday. Yes......we are desparate! Miss Italiano has been absent for 2 weeks. I had to tell her off yesterday. She's just taken us for granted. Going for a holiday for a week in July, and now, 2 weeks of medical leave. I just can't stand it anymore. However, I'm giving her one more chance to come back on Monday, but I can't let her do all this to me again.


I'm sitting in for her, I'm marking for her....and I have to pay her at the end of the month when it's such a pain to survive! Ok, Ok I'm being a little complainer I am. But that's reality!


I'm not doing too bad for someone who hasn't really spent time marking for a long time. I've been through it all before. 70 students and I was all on my own. Marking, setting, teaching, meeting.......smiling, laughing, coughing and crying....I have done that all on my own at the centre when the word assistant didn't even exist.


Those were the days......I know better days will come.

No comments: