Monday, October 16, 2006

you're my boss VS i'm the boss


I just want to lay down the differences of being one's employee and being an employer. I have been in both worlds. I need to know by end of this if I'd rather be an employee or an employer.

The beauty of being an employee

1) By every end of each month, the fix income promised by the boss should be in my account.
2) When I don't feel that good, I can always call in to say I can't make it for the day, and
everything will be alright.
3) If I'm fed up with workload or the boss or anyone for that matter, I can always send in my sesignation.
4) When it's my lunch time or time to go home, I will drop everything I do and head home.
5) I can set up a monthly budget easily because of the fix income.
6) I only do extra work when my boss tells me to. If not, I don't have to.
7) I don't have to crack my head to find ways and solution to bring in more business.
8) I don't have to take responsibility when something goes wrong at the centre. I just do what I have to do.
9) I don't have to think about how to make the centre look presentable or nice. I will move things around if my boss tells me to.
10) If the company doesn't have enough money to pay my monthly salary....I'll just look for a better job.

The brag-able points of being an employer.

1) I get to delegate work to the staff and end up not having to do anything.
2) When it's half way through the month, and when the staff's salary are depleting, I would get to go to the bank and cash out money for myself.
3) I don't have to come to work on time and not feel guilty when i'm late.
4) I get to walk around doing nothing while the others are and just think about how to make the centre look nicer or more inviting.
5) I get presents from the students when it's Teacher's Day, New Year, Hari Raya (Eid Mubarak)...even during Christmas.
6) I get to take the credits when the students are doing well in school.
7) I get to take the credits if visitors feel this is a nice centre.
8) I don't get to hear staff problem as much as Mrs Admin because I'm the Boss. Therefore, i don't have to worry so much for them.
9) I have been around long enough for people to come back and look for me. It's a nice feeling.
10) I get to write letters to parents and students whether it's friendly or official. Meetings can be fun at times.

Decision : I'm ok with both!!!

No comments: