Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Here we goooooooooooo.....


Happy New Year!!!!!

Today, running around to prepare for tomorrow. License to renew, letters to post, budget to organize, package to be sent out to Beijing, and meetings to arrange. I almost broke down this morning...but I had lunch with my "che che" (big sis in chinese). While waiting for her to arrive, I managed to calm down and with a little note pad, I listed down things to do and it made me feel better. While writing ... I was forced to observe the surrounding.

Today is the first day of school for a new year. Around me, there were children talking to their mommies excitedly in their school uniforms. The lady next to me was constantly talking to her 7 year old, giving him encouragement, telling him what to expect in the next few days of school. It got a little bit too much at one point... but I guess if I were to be a mommy, that's what I'd do too.

Here's what I heard...

"I like your badge huney!"
"Do you know what's your school motto is on the badge? It's BERILMU, BERBAKTI, CEMERLANG. Do you know what it means???"
"When you go home today, you have to memorize the school song ok darling?"
"By next week, you have to know where the toilets and canteen are" "Do you remember your teacher's name?"
" How many new friends have you made today?" Make sure you help those who needs your help ok?"
"It's ok to cry on your first day baby, your daddy cried too on his first day!"
"Did you see the little girl who wouldn't let go of her mom just now? I'm proud of you sayang!"

At the same time, little 3 year old kept shouting on my left. He ended up on the floor with his face down to the ground and no one could do anything about it.

All I wanted this morning was some peace and quiet.

No comments: