Monday, January 22, 2007

Too young or not the time yet?

I have a student who enrolled with me last week. She's 23 and had brain tumor. Before Christmas, her younger brother called and told me that he'd like me to see his sister because he'd like her to learn. I somehow lost his phone number and never heard from him after that. 2 weeks ago, his mom called. I have ben thinking about him and his sister but could not do much because "silly me" lost the number. I was actually quite relieved that his mom wanted to give me a chance.

I tested Julianna who appeared to be normal. She does look like she's 16 though, but I told her that's awesome! I would love to be like her, I told her.

Anyway, she's been to the centre 3 times now. and I feel that I can connect to her. She's still trying to memorize the dots pattern because she's lost all her ability for counting.

Today, she wanted to tell me that she wants to havea boyfriend. She told me all her friends have one and they're all happy when they talk to their boyfriend. I was speechless. i didn't know how to handle the situation. So, I just laughed and said "Really???".

Please tell me how to handle this situation!

2 comments:

Pais パイス said...

xD

"Follow your heart and thou shall find the right one"

ps: dont ask me what i just posted..just felt like doing it

Minimalista Wannabe said...

At your age..to follow your heart is easy my dearest cousin!!! At mine??? god knows!