Wednesday, February 28, 2007

How can I not love them?

Natasha told me the other day about her Chinese New Year Celebration. It's always nice for her because she gets to go on a plane to Singapore to celebrate it. After telling me all that, she suddenly told me this...."Teacher, do you know that I am actually Indian?" she went on and on about it....."I was born to an Indian family and when I was at the hospital, Elaine and Gerard came to take me to a better home. That's why I am with a chinese family now." I knew all along that she was adopted....but I choked hearing that but managed a smile and said "Elaine and Gerard must love you so much Natasha!!!" She nodded.

5 of my students, Sarah, Sofiah, Muhammad, Darshen and Ganeshwary were sitting at the new library. Seeing that they were sitting down quietly, I approached them and asked in general if they like the new library corner? They all looked up and smiled and nodded....and I told them that they can sit around and even lie down if they want when they're reading. Hearing me saying that, they all automatically lied down all together and giggled. It looked kind of funny when children of all sizes lying down like that at the same instance.

No comments: