Thursday, March 01, 2007

Another challenging day!

Adnan and Afifah came in yesterday after gone missing for 2 weeks. Just before they stepped in, I was told by Alfin that their grandma is very sick in Indonesia. So when I saw Adnan, that's the first thing I asked. It went like this.."Adnan!!!! How's your grandma??" He simply answered me "She died!!!" .... So I extended my condolence to him and family. Not long after that, Alfin turned around and told him "Kamu bersabar ya!!!" (meaning - you be calm about it ok?) I thought that was great. A 12 year old saying that to his friend, but I just had to ask Adnan if he was close to her...he said NO!!!!... So I convinced Alfin there's nothing much to be calm about it. They both laughed after that.

The naughtiest fella actually gave me a hug today. He started his English Lesson last Monday. And today, he came late, so he had to decide to do only one subject and he chose English. He was focused all the way. When he finished I complimented him, saying "You did so well!!!! Do you think I can get a hug??" Yeah....I am crazy about hugs from little children. I just can't help it. To my surprise, he came over and gave me a HUG!!!! and quickly looked around. He must think it's not cool to give his teacher a hug. Well....he's only 4!!!

Joshua cried in the classroom today. He saw his mom and his sister leaving him and started a loud squeling sound. I could not stand it. I had to get David his brother to continue his work at home and take Joshua out of the centre. I did manage to keep my calm though.

No comments: