Sunday, June 24, 2007

Come estas, Afiz!

2 years ago, a student had to relocate to Caracas, Venenzuela. Upon his arrival, he wrote me a long email. It was heart-warming coming from a teenager. Usually, a teenager and a boy would find it difficult to write a long letter to his teacher. It has never happened before in my life.

Anyway, last Thursday, while on my way to the centre, my Admin Assistant called me up to ask if I was going to reach the centre soon enough. It's because an old student called Afiz was coming back and asked who he was. I was very surprise to hear his name. So I tried to explain who he is and in the end, she rememebered.

Afiz came looking more matured. Not the young 13 year old I still have in my mind, but as respectful as before. I'm glad Caracas didn't change him.

No comments: