Monday, July 30, 2007

KAO Conference - Part 4

I'd like to share what I've learned during this year's conference.

I've come to realize that being a teacher is not just about teaching children. Teaching without passion is like writing on a paper with an invisible ink. You could write and write but you would not be able to recall what you have written. However, teaching with passion, gives a whole lot of meaningful return in the future.

Being involved in this big organisation has opened my eyes and my mind to open my heart to educating children till my last red pen drop!!!! I want to be able to explore the wonderful world of teaching more and more. This is my 9th year, I still have a long way to go.

I may choose not to continue running my centre one day, because I may choose to teach in other kind of environment. Be it the smokey mountain (a dump site area in the Philippine), or a roofless building, or even in a place where no one can hear nor see. I have experienced on how to educate priviledged children, I may want to try teaching the under priviledged.

I was looked down at because I have no extra ordinary qualification, I have no children, I have never taken care of my brother and I have no money!!!

But now......I believe in myself. And that itself will take me where ever I want to be.

I believe that someone with highly respected paper qualification, but has got no heart and passion towards what they're doing, will not take them anywhere close to happiness.

Right now, I'm happy..... even though I'm still the same person that was looked down at.

No comments: