Wednesday, May 24, 2006

back down in memory lane............


Today I wanted to just relax and chill out with my best buddy and her daughters. I was there from 11 am till 6:30 pm. I was fed, and treated well...as usual. In the afternoon, we fetched the children from school. I wanted to see and meet an old school friend. I was told she is a teacher there. What nice memories I had back in 1978. We went to school together, we had the same school bag (red all over!), and.....we used to adore...JOHN TRAVOLTA!!!! SHE could even dance like him (like in Staying Alive). I reminded her and we really laughed!

Sometimes, when I look at all the sophisticated toys the children have now, it made me realize how lucky we were back then when we could even have fun dancing like John Travolta (he's still my favourite!)

As a kid, I enjoyed my time the most when I was 9 to about 14. Most of my students are now around that age. When I see them, I can still remember what's going on in their mind most of the time.....school work, home work, friends, tv, teachers.......i've been through it all.....

I can remember back as far as when I was 5 yrs old. When I was in my preschool, I had the best time of my life learning how to read, write, play in the sand box, spend my morning doing the monkey bar non stop...just to show off to the boys that girls can do it too...in fact better, baked chocolate chip cookies once, went for a school trip, first to the museum....and I got scared of the whole scenario...i don't know why and that's when my teacher gave me a hug and comforted me, which I try to apply nowadays when I see little faces that looks like they are so afraid of their teachers, and seond trip was to the candy factory. I can still remember how candies were made. oh! so nice...I love my childhood.

Till this day, one thing that made me want to go back and tell my teacher (in preschool) is why was I never allowed to stand on the stage on Monday to hold the flag when everyone else were singing NEGARAKU???? (our national anthem) even though I always cut my finger nails???? They should know that those things are important.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»