Sunday, May 21, 2006

When I was just startin'


The first year of teaching and running a business at the same time was a great challenge. It was a great challenge for someone who has never been into any kind of business.....do you count selling insurance as building up a business...well if it is, it lasted only for 5 months. I think when I was 19 someone approached me for Tupperware Selling....well, I didn't even start to do it. I was always bad in trying to sell something. I didn't have the heart to take people's money that way.

When i first had a parents' meeting, i was shivering all the way. If i were one of the parent, I'd not believe a word i had said. However, 12 parents were there and all signed up. That's how it all started.....12 students for 3 months. After that it went up to 30 for the next 9 months. From the business point of view...the business wasn't growing well!!!!

However, from day 1, my fascination was more on meeting new faces, and looking at the little ones. 4 times a week I'd wake up in the morning feeling nervous about the day's challenge. When I say nervous, i meant really nervous, like I'd skip breakfast, and would lose sleep the night before.

NOw.....I can't wait to go to the centre!!!!!! to face the day. It keeps me going.

5 comments:

Serendipity said...

Hi myende...WOW. It's admirable how you make a success of yourself. Congratulations.

So you have a school? I don't think I can handle that many children...it's all I can do to coral my 5.

(e-mail me: serendipity1827@gmail.com)

Minimalista Wannabe said...

if you're talking about taking care of all the children 24 hrs...i don't think i can too....he he he, but i only seen them twice a week and usually for about 45-60 minsutes everytimes i see them, so i guess it's not so bad huh?????

Minimalista Wannabe said...

i had spelling mistakes up there..when i was writing that, i had terrible headache...now i can't edit...sorry!

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»