Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Blues......


Today, dearest teacher (ME!) had mood swing. Managed to smile as much as I can but somehow I must have been too harsh to Little Miss Yokohama and made her cry. She was finding it difficult to cope with the work she was doing but without checking, i told her she MUST! finish it before she goes home and told her to stop looking around and waste time. Not long after that she was sobbing. ALAMAK!!!! Realizing my mistake, i hugged her and told her to just complete the page she was doing. After that I realized she was doing that particular set for the first time and she's an Advance student. No wonder it was difficult for her. As an adult, it's never easy to say sorry to the little ones....but I did. I told her I was really sorry that I made her cry. Poor girl.

How can a teacher control her mood swings? Deep breath? yoga? pilates? or just throw some fiery breath and start being a dragon????

When I was 8, I wasn't the cleverest in the class .... in fact I wasn't clever. I remembered having my teacher looking up to heaven. I cannot remember over what, but I knew it was meant to be for me. Somehow, I can still rememebr that because she never apologized!!!! and she has appeared in my nightmares. With her short, curly hair and XL spectacles....I hope she's well now or if she's no longer in this world may peace be upon her.

One period of time, a few years ago, when my hormone level was going on a roller coaster ride, many times, I felt like hiding under the table. Many times it makes me wonder if there's some kind of formula to keep our cool as a teacher.

Along the years, my consolation was that I don't have to spend a long time with my students per session. I am just baby sitting them for a short time. I hope when the time comes for me to take care a little person for real and 24/7, I'm ready.