Thursday, December 07, 2006

No Show!


This morning, I had to miss the morning class to appear on TV for the parent company. It's a way to promote the method and also to create more awareness in the public of our existance. I woke up early, did a bit of stretching and exercised to make sure I feel all alert and sharp for the show.

I picked up my dearest niece, and headed straight to the studio. We were early, so we had some time to look around. We saw how an announcer did her work in a radio studio.

At 11 sharp we were ushered to the make up room and had our faces made up. The make up artists, half heartedly did our faces, but we were happy that they didn't go overboard!

When the co ordinator came, we were briefed on what we had to do. Later on I discussed with the office staff who was suppose to appear with me on TV. We talked about what we had to present. She had called me earlier in the morning to tell me that the TV station changed their mind and only wanted one person in the show. After discussing further, we both felt I should go for it. 15 mins before the show started she told me that the Producer agreed to have both of us in the show. So, I was happy and that's when we started to discuss who's going to answer what before we were both wired up with the mobile microphone.


Maryam, my niece wasn't even nervous this morning. She did look a little bit excited. I'm glad she agreed to open her heart and accepted my invitation. 1 min before our turn we we ushered again into a small set up studio.


That's when it all happened. Right in front of the set, everybody was busy taking their place and the office staff quickly took her place on the stage. She didn't even look back and didn't even have eye contact with me. When I realized that, I thought to myself where would I sit? There was only one chair.


So from then, I just sat right across the stage and watched them.


I never felt so humiliated like that before.

1 comment:

Pais パイス said...


I felt sorry for you..but..dont worry..there might be next time..
Sorry because im not very good at comforting people plus i dont know the right words .. :(

Anyway, hope to see you soon ..
Started my 3 months holiday..maybe will turun KL sometimes later after getting my license or something. Until then.. cya!